.

Latest Kangna Ranaut interview 2011

 Kangna Ranaut interview exclusive

Why not start at the very beginning? Tell me, how did a girl from the small hill town of Bhambla in Himachal Pradesh end up in Delhi?
It didn't happen overnight. It wasn't like something happened one fine day that changed my life. But I was quite different from childhood. I always used to have this feeling that I was not an ordinary kid. I never felt like I belonged to the mountains where I grew up. I always had this fascination for cities. My parents would never bother about what's happening in the big bad world. But I was very curious.
You fought with your parents and shifted to Delhi. You were just 15 or 16.... How were those days? Did you have to struggle to survive?
Of course, those were difficult days. But now that I have been through it all and attained the position that I am in today, I look back and feel that all those difficulties, all those penniless days...those were the most beautiful days of my life. I was like a completely blank person. I didn't know what I was doing.
How do you deal with pressures of the glamour business?
I keep my professional and personal lives separate. I meditate I dance at times.
You have a perfect figure for a model. What’s the raaz behind it heavy dieting, long workouts or as some snide colleagues have been saying, cosmetic surgery?
I follow my diet religiously and do a lot of cardio exercises. I also do yoga every day. But I’ve never resorted to any kind of surgery.
At a time when most actresses are grabbing films and hiking their fees, what’s your game plan?
I cannot do a film just because I’m getting paid an X amount or because it’s with a certain actor or production banner. You will never see me in a faltu movie ever. I want to do comedy and I will but not the silly or vulgar stuff. I have Raaz 2 coming up this will be followed by Roshans, Kites and Happy New Year. There are also some international projects, which will be announced soon.
Three years down the road how has it been?
I was 16 when I came to Delhi, I was18 when I started my career. I had no godfather; it was difficult and really traumatic. Today, looking back, I don’t know how I survived all the odds. Of course, the experience differs from person to person. Some get it all without any effort, while others like me has to struggle. But you know something? I admire myself for standing up despite efforts to pull me down. I’ve emerged a stronger woman. Today, at 21, I can deal with anything and anyone.
Have you changed much as a person?
Hmmm, I’m very edgy. I don’t seem to learn from my mistakes. I’ve always seems to invite trouble. But now I can see through people. I’ve become, what I call, ‘people-smart.’ Now others turn to me for my analysis. (Smiles) I have dealt with so many psychos in my life that now I can judge people pretty well.
What about your marriage plans?
There are so many other things to do that are far more important in my life, so many places to see, and dreams to fulfill. I want to go to the US to study filmmaking and then direct a film. It has been my dream and now I want to fulfill it. After I complete my pending acting assignments I intend to go abroad. I want to get married when I want to have babies.
Will you clear the rumours of doing a nude scene down South?
Nude? I'd never do a nude scene in my entire life even if someone makes me to do it at gunpoint. I come from a very conservative background. If my parents were to ever see that I've crossed the line of morality, they'd drag me back to Himachal. Yes, I've done aesthetically shot pictures, which reveal my physique and why not? I've worked really hard on getting my body muscular and toned. But nudes no way I've never posed in the nude, never will, no matter how right the zeroes on the cheque are. I've an inbuilt censor code.
There is a constant debate about your personal life.
All I can say is I’ve truly moved on. Meditation has mellowed me and made me a mature person. At 22, I feel I am 40. I’ve forgiven but not forgotten. I’m always for my family 24 x 7. As for others, I feel as if they take my energy away. So I like staying alone, away from the crowds. I don’t like exchanging cell phone numbers. I keep to myself...

0 comments:

Post a Comment